Richard A. Rubenstein, M.D., a board certified neurologist and Fellow of the American Academy of Neurology with an active medical practice in the San Francisco California Bay Area, provides to legal counsel and insurers case evaluations including Independent Medical, Fitness for Duty and Disability Insurance Examinations; medical records review; written reports; and expert testimony. Dr. Rubenstein is a highly experienced expert witness, working at the state, federal, and international levels for more than 30 years. He has been an expert witness at both trial and arbitration and has participated in 300+ depositions.
Dr. Rubenstein works with medical and allied specialists when the case requires, including product liability and mass-tort cases. Such specialists include psychiatrists, neuropsychologists, and neuroradiologists.
Dr. Rubenstein attended Boston University School of Medicine. He is a fellow of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, and certified by the American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
Dr. Rubenstein’s expertise in neurologic cases with special relevance to personal injury includes the following conditions:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Posttraumatic headache
- Postconcussion syndrome
- Posttraumatic epilepsy
- Cervical whiplash
- Discogenic disease in the neck and low back
- Peripheral nerve injury
- Posttraumatic fibromyalgia syndrome
- Soft tissue musculoskeletal injury
- Traumatic spinal cord injury
- Toxic exposure/neurotoxicity
- Catastrophic injury
- Electrical injury/electrocution
- Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS)
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD)
- Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Medical malpractice
- Product liability issues injurious to the nervous system
Dr. Rubenstein provides quality service, timely record review and prompt report generation. Dr. Rubenstein has been involved in more than 500+ cases including 50+ trials and 20+ arbitration hearings.